"Don't look up" - movie review


Hello, cinema dragons!
🎬 

Right on the go I'll say that for me "Don't look up" has been a really messy movie on the part of opinion making. I just can't put it under one certain category and call it a day. It is a little all over the place.


Director - Adam McKay

Writers - Adam McKay and David Sirota

Year of release - 2021


The main theme, as we can see from the poster and description, is about two scientists finding that a big meteor is headed towards Earth. But the theme hiding behind it, is about the human nature when eyes to eyes with a deathly danger.

At first I was, in fact, very interested on why the cast is so diverse and at the same time so... "golden". For real! If you don't believe me, look at the actors. They have played in a variety of different in genre movies and TV shows and they are all very, very famous. We have Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence, Cate Blanchett, Jonah Hill, Rob Morgan, Timothee Chalamet, Ron Perlman, Ariana Grande, Melanie Lynskey and so fricking much more! I was going crazy, because what less than the best can we expect from a film with a cast like that?

If you aren't aware I am a HUGE fan of science-fiction movies and books and the space topic has interested my for all my life now! Hearing about "Don't look up" and it's scenario I'm really disappointed of myself for waiting this long to watch. But maybe it was my scepticism that stopped me. And "he" was created due to the silence in the cinema community when it come to "Don't look up". There was not one person to express an opinion about it or even to post a photo of it. I was kinda torn between "No one is talking about it, so it's bad and I shouldn't watch it" and between "Why should I depend on the opinion of others?". I think you can guess what I stopped on at last.

It took me around three hours with the pauses to watch it from start to finish, but I think it was worth it. I'm happy I got to experience all of the feelings that these emotional scenes can cause in the viewers mind. I got through happiness, sadness, being hella angry and disappointment. But - again, it was totally worth it!

"Don't look up" is different from most of the movies about science out there in the industry. I feel as I should warn you that is not the typical "We found a hero and he safed us all" american movie. It is filled with harsh truth about our own human nature and the way we truly react to future catastrophical events that will affect us all. In my opinion, even if you are not a huge sci-fi fan you should watch it. It is about us, not about those from the outer space.

I'm giving it 4/5 stars just because it didn't had enough space-related-science-things for my liking *shrughs*

Thank you for staying with me till the end of the review!
Have a nice day and stay safe! 

Коментари

Popular posts